... A FORUM TO STIMULATE DEBATE ... ... JUST ADD A COMMENT AT ANY ENTRY BELOW... ... FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOWN AND VALLEY ...

Friday 8 August 2014

Shed of the Year: The Allotment Roof Shed

Just announced on Channel Four:
Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year - Channel 4

And from the official blog:

SHEDBLOG.CO.UK

The blog of Shed of the year #shedoftheyear

The winner of Shed of the year 2014 is The allotment roofed shed

If you think you have an amazing shed - sign up for 2015 now

Allotment Roof Shed

London, Owned by sheddie Joel Bird 


1 / 23
Click on the click to view captionsinfo button above to view the photo captions.

Allotment Roof Shed, Eco Shed from London #shedoftheyear Readersheds.co.uk
shedblog.co.uk | The blog of Shed of the year #shedoftheyear

The Telegraph gives all:

Shed of the Year 2014: allotment roof shed wins title
Amazing Spaces presenter George Clarke uncovers some of the UK's weirdest and wackiest sheds competing for the title of Shed of the Year
.
.
.
.

A solar powered structure with an allotment roof has been voted the country's best shed.
Some 20,000 people voted to select the finalists from over 2,000 entries in the annual Shed of the Year competition.
Joel Bird's winning entry only cost him £500 to build. He received £1000 in prize money, as well as a giant crown and winner's plaque
The sheds feature in a new three-part TV series, Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year, presented by George Clarke, which started on Thursday evening on Channel 4.
There are a variety of fruit and vegetables growing on the roof of the structure, which was built largely from recycled materials.
"I began building my shed five years ago and just had a grass roof but around a year ago I added the allotment, which is what makes my shed most special," Mr Bird said. "I was tight for space, so rather than put a shed on an allotment, I put an allotment on my shed!
"I am up there every single day. When I am not sitting or gardening up there I am working in the shed. I actually spend more time on or in the shed than in the house. My partner would say that the shed is my domain but I think of it as a family shed.
"It is great to work knowing it gives me a really high level of sustainability. The lights are powered by a solar panel; I use a wood burner to heat it; and then there is the allotment roof. It's easy to access with a little staircase and I have a little tin bath up there for a summer soak.
"It has been amazing being up there this summer with all the good weather. It's a little mini countryside which keeps me sane in a city.
"Sheds are no longer just places for men to escape to. They are transforming the way people live their lives and subsequently how they see themselves.
"It's an incredible honour for my shed to be crowned Cuprinol's 2014 Shed of the Year and I'm hoping to use the award to promote the benefits of a more sustainable life."
Video courtesy Channel 4

Video: Shed of the Year 2014: allotment roof shed wins title - Telegraph
.
.
.

No comments: