The BIG SHIFT campaign, initiated by Christian Aid, calls on the five big banks to stop investing in fossil fuels. Last year four banks committed to ending investment in coal - all but HSBC, which still has large coal investments in Bangladesh, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Tell HSBC to stop funding Coal
Big Shift Campaign
Meet Bedford Square Saturday 13th April
1. crowd source signatures on a giant poster addressed to HSBC,
2. take a photo of us holding this outside the bank,
3. tweet the photo to the bank and the media,
4. then go in to hand the poster and a letter outlining our requests, to be sent to HSBC head office.
The poster and letter call on HSBC to stop financing coal mining and coal-fired power stations, stop financing coal companies with loans, and publish a plan for phasing out finance to fossil fuels altogether and increase finance for renewable energy. Please do come if you can, and invite friends to attend.
Transition Exeter - Home | Facebook
In an attempt by Christian Aid to deliver a letter to the CEO of HSBC to every branch in the country, we will be visiting Exeter HSBC.
HSBC have promised to prohibit financing coal power stations in most countries, but they continue to fund coal in three highly climate vulnerable countries: Bangladesh, Indonesia and Vietnam.
We are calling on them to:
1. Stop financing coal mining and coal-fired power stations everywhere
2. Stop financing coal companies which HSBC currently supports with loans, and
3. Publish a transition plan for phasing out finance to fossil fuels altogether and increase finance for renewable energy
Exeter Bank Visit