... A FORUM TO STIMULATE DEBATE ... ... JUST ADD A COMMENT AT ANY ENTRY BELOW... ... FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOWN AND VALLEY ...

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Plans for Port Royal: viewing the Drill Hall

It's a little frustrating getting information about the sale of, let alone the condition of, the Drill Hall:
Futures Forum: Plans for Port Royal: "EDDC have started the clock ticking on the 6 months available for community bids and yet community groups are not able to get the basic information required to judge if a bid is feasible."
Futures Forum: Plans for Port Royal: questions raised at full District Council meeting

A viewing of the building was organised with the agent JLL last Thursday 26th July.

Here is the latest newsletter from the Rescue Sidmouth Drill Hall site from Friday:

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I had my appointment to view the Drill Hall. We were a group of 5 and were met by John Kinsey and Alexandra Deere of JLL.

Mr Kinsey was keen to chat and explained many things about how the process will go. Once I have some things clarified, so I am not relying on my memory alone, I will put details on the Drill Hall for sale page.

There are now two sub-pages to the page, one is additional photographs to supplement those from 2013 and 2017. It is possible to see that much of the original detail still remains even though some is lost or worn. This would make it possible to refurbish it to close to the original style if wanted. The second page contains the Structural Engineer's report.

This page is protected and you will have to register in order to see it. I realise that that is a bit of a faff but I believe it a necessary precaution. At the moment JLL are only providing details and access to community groups; commercial groups won't be allowed until October. Therefore I think it only right that I restrict information too. Having to sign up to view the page also means that I have a list of people who have looked at the document, this will help me show that there is interest within the town should I need to.

I do hope you are interested enough to go and look at these new pages and to register to view the report. Keep checking the Drill Hall For Sale page!

kind regards, Mary 


The viewing of the Drill Hall
Rescue Sidmouth Drill Hall - Sidmouth Drill Hall Rescue

With more info on the campaign website uploaded yesterday:

View the Drill Hall




Bannister at half landing
Detailed pictures from my viewing of the Drill Hall last Thurday:

We have interior photographs from 2013 and 2017. The marketing of the Drill Hall has allowed me to build on these general views and record it in greater detail. We also have an interior view from 1909 which shows how little has changed over the past 100+ years. 2013 interior photographs 2017 interior photographs I … Continue reading


You need to login to view this content. Please Login. Not a Member? Join Us



Blog - Sidmouth Drill Hall Rescue
.
.
.

No comments: